Salad-e Gojeh Khiar
From the kitchen of Mephit ala New Food of Life by Najmieh Batmanglij.
Tomato and cucumber salad. Serves 4.
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Jucie of one lime
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh chopped fresh coriander
1. Drop tomatoes into scalding hot water. Remove immediately, drain under cold water, peel, and cut into quarters. Peel and cut cucumber into 1-inch cubes.
2. Whish together the oilive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add tomatoes, cucumber, remaining vegetables and herbs, and toss. Serve immediately.