Thai Coconut Soup
From the kitchen of Unknown.
- 3 large cans whole stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- Red curry paste (It takes almost the whole jar to make it spicy)
- 1 large bag carrots (skin and cut on an angle into slices ¼ inch)
- 1 can navy beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 large sweet onion ( sliced top to bottom wedges)
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 can of beets (sliced)
- 1 Pink Lady apple (finely chopped-leave only the skin on)
- Extra virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan cook carrots ( reserve ½ cup carrot water when strained)
Strain and set aside.
Using the same saucepan saute onions in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Add red curry past to the oil and onions, allowing paste to dissolve into oil.
Next add 3 large cans of whole stewed tomatoes and juice, breaking them up as you put them in.
Add carrot water reserved earlier.
Then add pre-cooked carrots and both cans of beans.
Allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
Add 2 cans coconut milk one at a time, stirring constantly to fully integrate into tomato base
Add beets, and baby spinach.
Allow spinach to wilt and finish the soup off with the apples at the last minute (so they stay crunchy)
Serve and enjoy!
Makes quite a large batch.