Kartoffelsalat (Swiss-style Potato Salad)
This potato salad is quite good and has four tablespoons of oil instead of mayonnaise − you might even be able to use less oil. This salad is also quite good on the second or third day as well.
- 1 kg of salad potatoes
- 2 onions
- ¼ litre of broth
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon medium-sharp mustard
- 4 tablespoons oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes and while they are still warm, peel and cut into fine disks.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Mix the broth, vinegar, salt, sugar and onions and bring to a boil. Add the mustard and the oil to the onion and broth mix.
- Pour over the salad and thoroughly mix.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes.