Six Spice Maple Cornish Hens
From the kitchen of McCormick® & Company.
These Cornish game hens are bursting with sweet heat! The flavor and heat from six spices are balanced by the sweetness of maple syrup.
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ground Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 green onion, sliced
1. Combine spices; set aside.
2. Rinse Cornish hens. Pat dry with paper towels. Split each hen in half; brush with olive oil. Rub hen halves with spice mixture; coat well.
3. Grill over medium-hot coals or broil in an aluminum foil lined broiler pan 12-14 minutes per side or until done. Gently brush with maple syrup and grill or broil 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with green onion
slices before serving.