Indian Butter Chicken Makhani
From the kitchen of Asian Home Gourmet.
Translation from German into English for the spice paste packet for Chicken Mahkani.
Mmm mmm good.
- 1 package spice paste mix for Indian Butter Chicken Makhani
- 1 pound chicken breast; cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion; finely diced
- ½ cup fresh or canned tomatoes; diced (I usually add a little extra tomato)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream (I usually use light cream and it works okay too)
- 3 tablespoons butter; melted
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, water, cream and spice packet; stir.
- Add the chicken.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Note: Serve with basmati rice, extra cream and mango chutney.
I usually also make lassi, chai and rice pulao (rice pulao instead of plain basmati rice). All of those recipes can also be found on earthli.com. Just click on the links above!